<<Speaking of Manhattan and free-flowing liquid of an alcoholic variety ...
do many of the pubs up thataway offer cider on tap? I got quite hooked on
the stuff in Scotland a few years back, but here in Pennsylvania we are
stuck with a single bottled brand (Woodpecker) in the stores and NOTHING
EVER on tap in the pubs....>>

I just thought I'd add a line or two here.  No, most places here in Manhattan
have no cider taps.  But we do have access to different ciders than
'Woodpecker', which, I think, is one of the least enjoyable of them.  If you
can find it, try 'Woodchuck'.   It's a bit sweeter and fruitier.  There is
also a Japanese-made cider called 'Tero' that is amazing.  It's so good,
it'll make your eyes change color.

Mic Duggan,
whose eyes change color on an infrequent basis--it's expensive!