On 13/2 UC Collins wrote:

> perhaps most of the blame - should be
>laid on the Brits.

Now, while I would not under any circumstance want to provoke any sort of
increase in tension, it seems that the Brits were right to push for de
commisioning of weapons. This would have indicated a true committment by the IRA
and Sinn Fein to the peace process. While the IRA retained its weapons there was
always the potential, as we saw last Friday, that there could be a new wave of
violence.

Normally, I wouldn't get involved in this sort of debate. However, I think that
saying the Brits were partly to blame is a bit much.

Carl