>planning to publish "worst 50 culture class -- Celtic v American"
>free on internet.  any contributions appreciated.
>   caroline

Hi Caroline

I'm not sure if this type of thing is what you want but here goes.

There is a pub in Liscannor, Co. Clare called Joseph McHugh's.  *The* Joe
McHugh died about three years ago.  Liscannor is close to the Cliffs of
Moher, a touristy spot and his pub was frequented by, mostly American,
tourists during the season.

One day, a group of elderly Americans came into the pub and one of the
ladies asked for directions to the toilet.  As with many rural Irish pubs,
which were not originally designed to cater for ladies, a toilet was often
built in the yard or field at the back to accommodate them.

This particular lady went out to answer the call of nature but was very
upset when she returned.  Joe observed her distress and enquired as to the
cause.  She complained that there was not lock on the toilet door and that
he should be ashamed of himself for running such an unhygienic pub.  Joe
immediatley responded:

'Ah sure missus, I've been in this pub for forty years and nobody has stolen
a shit out of the toilet yet.'

Regards

Shae