At 12:28 PM 2/4/96 -0500, you wrote:
>I have never read convincing evidence that he skittered over to mainland
Europe to
>recruit knights. I made no claims re: heroic archetypes; simply, I said
>that the original tales about a Celtic hero were adapted and enlarged by
>other, later cultures to give those cultures a "piece" of Arthur.

I have never read (but maybe I didn't read as much as you did)convincing
evidence whatsoever regarding Arthur.
We're speaking about the Arthurian Legend, not about any historical proof.
I agree that it appears less than probable that Arthur came even as far as
Brittany _though we mustn't underestimate the links between Brittany and
Britain at that time_ but there is no convincing evidence against Lancelot
being breton, as there is no convincing evidence he was scottish.
As far as I know all the texts mentioning Lancelot located him in Brittany.
Marc

                                           Marc Morales

                                           Dia Dhuit uile

                                 A wolf can act but like a wolf