Christina -
Well, I'm glad someone else said it.  After all, reincarnation is a very
strong Celtic theme in itself, from the Song of Amergin to Gwion Bach
spending nine days in Cerridwen's craw and being reborn as Taliesin, and
Etain being changed into a fly or dragonfly or some other such critter and
swallowed and being born again, not knowing who she had once been...
If we are going to appreciate the whole Celtic approach we mustn't forget
this.  However, there was also a popular theory among the Celts that a person
was most often reborn into his or her own tribe, along the same bloodlines,
which is why he or she could make arrangements to pay off a debt in the next
life.  What good would it do a neighbour to be awaiting payment from someone
born too far away for him to collect?

Ruadh
(who sometimes remembers too much)