On Wed, 28 Feb 1996, UC Bobby Collins wrote:

> Sorry if this has been covered before on the list, but ...
>
> I've always wondered if there was any documentation relating the
> ancient Greeks to Ireland - say for colonization? I ask because I

Close as I could get was in my `Penguin Atlas of Ancient History' that
showed tin trading in ca 350 BCE and lead trading later.

There's also the story of the Greek mathemetician Pytheas who sailed
north as far as Greenland maybe, Iceland for sure (Gunnur, any
corroboration?) and when he got back noone would believe glaciers.

Jacque