On Wed, 28 Feb 1996, Thomas G. Mungall III wrote:

> Susan, I saw them too and they are not Guards units they are SAS! You can
> tell by the tan berets. They are like our Seal Teams, USMC counter terr.
> Teams and Delta. These are the PROS! And for every one you *see* there
> are 12 you don't see.

Oh, bringing in the big guns, huh.  It must be worse than I imagined.

> I heard that Princess Di is the #1 target!

I can't even imagine what it would be like to have someone out to kill
me.  It must be simply awful for the Royals.  My heart goes out to them.
I can't believe there is a cause in the World worth all of this terror,
anger and pain.

I didn't receive this message posted by Ruadh, but I want to comment on
part of in now:  > On Tue, 27 Feb 1996, Ruadh wrote:

> > Besides, I don't recall Her Majesty ever being an embarrassment to Britain.

You are absolutely right!  HM is a true and gracious Queen, long live her!

> >  As for her children, they are more or less behaving exactly as their
> > ancestors did, the press is just a lot nosier, ill mannered, and no longer
> > has to worry about being beheaded.  Tell me please how many Kings and Princes
> > have not had mistresses?  Did the Plantagenet boys behave any better?  The
> > Stuarts?  How about Queen Victoria's brood?

Right again.  And come to think of it, I'm sure none of them have done
anything worse than what our own symbols of leadership, ie. elected
officials, do everyday.  It's just the point of view.  In all, we seem to
expect congressman x is having an affair, and when it is revealed we're
not so surprised.  I guess we all have ideas about the Monarchy being
somehow "better" than us commoners, and it shocks us to see them fall
to "human frailties". (that would be our ancetry showing?)

Suemas