At 03:57 AM 2/27/96 -0500, you wrote:
>>On a slightly different note... The Welsh word "Arddur" pronounced the same
>as t
>>he English "Arthur" means Dark One- anyone ever connected those two or am I
>just
>> stretching... (Gwynnu also means "The Light One" as in >bright...
>Gwenhwyfar???)>>
>
>OOooooo!!!  Cool!  Sorta sends the little shivers down the spine, eh?  I
>think you're on to something, Robert.
>
>Mic Duggan
>(who is just really digging these coincidental name-things)

Actually, it's just "Arddu" but that's still as close as artos, or a number of other interpretations...
My source for the translation might be a bit shaky though- it's from "The White Goddess," by Robert Graves (of course) and I haven't checked it out anywhere else - yet!!

Robert Anders
A'm swynsei Math, Cyn bum diaered..."
        I had been marked by kind, before I became immortal...

                Taliesin, in the Hanes Taliesen
        "It is Mor Cylch, the maze of life,' Tegid told me. 'It is trodden in darkness with just enough light to see the next step or two ahead, but not more. At each turn the soul must decide whether to journey on or whether to go back the way it came.'
        'What if the soul does not journey one?  What if it chooses to go back the way it came?'
        'Stagnation and death,' Tegid replied with mild vehemence.  He seemed irritated that anyone would consider retreating."

                from The Paradise War, by Stephen R. Lawhead
[log in to unmask]           Robert Anders   Connecticut, USA