All together now....
 I remember one of the original quotes from Focal an Lae..."A land without a
language  is a land without a soul."... that strikes me the hardest in this
 strand of letters....
and it's expression via  music...instrumental and sung is the best way I
understand the shades of meaning from a culture... AND... the food tells me
more about what vegetation.exists,what animals are hunted , and which their
 styles of preparation a people has devised  than what their "soul" or
culture is about.
   Just think about the sound of the Harp playing an O'Carolan   air... or a
group of Tibetan lamas chanting... or the sound of the highland bagpipes...
now THAT"s CULTURE!
 As always...Kathleen