On Sun, 19 Nov 1995, William S. Peterson wrote:

> Copyright violation might be a potential problem, but I have chosen the
> first batch of material on my home page carefully with that in mind: (1)
> The bibliography of fine printing is of course mine. (2) The book on the
> Kelmscott Press "Golden Legend" is also mine, but I secured permission
> from the publisher, Neil Shaver of the Yellow Barn Press. (3) Updike's
> "Style in the Use of Type" was published in 1924. (4) Morris's essay on
> the Kelmscott Press was published in 1898.

i'm demonstrating my ignorance, since i don't know when
updike died (separating me neatly from the type-heads),
but copyright continues for 70 years after the author's death
over here in the EU. might be a bit marginal...

malcolm clark              tel: (+44) 01203 523365
computing services         fax: (+44) 01203 523267
university of warwick      url: http://www.warwick.ac.uk/~cudax/egotrip.html
coventry, cv4 7al, uk    email: [log in to unmask]
     "none but ourselves can free our minds" r.marley