     I need help with this:

     Has anybody much experience with converting PC fonts to Mac fonts?

     We have a few newsletters, from outside customers, done in Quark on a
     PC. We are printing direct to plate, and we find the Mac writes a much
     better postscript file for this, EXCEPT when we try to convert the
     .pfb's thru Fontographer and generate matching Mac fonts, they aren't
     working well. The printer fonts seem to be ok after conversion, but
     the screen fonts bitmap real bad. Sometimes the line breaks end up
     different also.

     We are figuring to buy the matching Adobe faces to match the PC's but
     need this as an alternative when we get pieces with "different" fonts.

     Any suggestions?

     Thanks,
     Sandi