> This has been said before, but I have heard no response to it.
>
> Let's remove STYLE from the current tables draft to make sure
> tables gets out the door in a timely fashion.
>
> Let's develop the entire STYLE issue as a separate I-D with the
> assumption and agreement that it will affect everything, including
> the new tables draft, whenever that STYLE I-D is adopted.
>
> We pulled back from the HTML Version 3.0 draft just so we could
> separate issues into distinct topics/drafts.  Let us keep to that
> model and keep these two issues (STYLE and tables) separate.

If switching ``styles'' within a table is a common thing, isn't it
imperitive to come to some kind of a resolution for the STYLE problem
for tables before the tables draft goes out?
--
Bill Cheng // Guest at Columbia Unversity Computer Science Department
[log in to unmask]      ...!{uunet|ucbvax}!cs.columbia.edu!william