Peter writes:

>Apparently the country would have reaped rich rewards if someone had had the
>foresight to start marketing the Games on the 'Net a year ago.
>
>Is there enough capacity at the level of government in African countries to
>realise the rich potential that the info superhighway has?

See my comments in another posting.  Your comments/question relate to how
useful the internet really is in Africa on a practical level.  The
technology may be great, but it takes humans to handle it.  Is there anyone
out there in any gov't in Africa who is online here, reading this?  We'd
like to hear your comments.  If you have access to this technology, are you
utilizing it?  How?

I know the S. African gov't is on line.

Peter, what do you see as the rich potential for Africans re the internet?
On a practical level.

Valerie Bruce
Vancouver, B. C.