    My name is Olivier Vanderhaeghe and I just subscribed to the Afrik-IT
discussion group. I am not sure about the concerns of this list, but anyway,
here are few lines of introduction on my background and interest. I got involved
in the Afrik-IT list through an other discussion group (geo-coursewar), and I am
mostly curious about what is happening in the African continent. I am originally
a french fellow, but presently a Graduate student at the University of
Minnesota, USA, working on a Ph.D in Geology and Geophysics. I might also be
interested in a position related to Earth Sciences (teaching or research) in
Africa for a couple of reasons:
- first, I think that, as a field oriented geologist, there is still a lot to
learn and to do concerning the geologic history and evolution of the African
continent.
- second, I enjoyed an experience of two years working for the French Geological
Survey, in French Guiana, South America, and I would like to get involved in
other comparable challenging environments.

Olivier VANDERHAEGHE
Department of Geology
University of Minnesota
Pillsbury Hall