Hewitt:
I agree with your suggestion. I think we should try to promote greater
inter-African organizational linkages (that is, South-South), instead of
just North-South.
Robert Agunga
*****

>I am not a librarian at all, but i think this is a great programme which
>should be supported.
>
>I just wish to make a couple of observations regarding this program;
>
>Firstly, I would urge other countries that can come up with the minimum
>organizational capacity, to set up similar programs to boost the
>quality of information and library scientists.
>
>Secondly, this programme apears to me as if it is geared towards seeking
>collaboration only between Kenya and developed countries. Of course if
>this is the intended orientation of the program that would be fine. But i
>think there is a wealth of experience that African countries can exchange
>among themselves, in addition to whatever developed countries have to offer.
>
>African constituencies should also take the initiative and the interest
>to fund such exchanges, or at least provide infrastructure or
>environments in which such programs can flourish. There are many
>technological advancements which have become minimum or state of the art
>standards for libraries in developed countries. It is great if we from
>developing countries can be exposed to these technologies.
>
>But because it may take a very long time for these advancements to migrate to
>our doorsteps we should in the meantime be exchanging knowledge about
>what we already have. And by all means look for opportunities to learn
>what others are doing in the developed world.
>

>Hewitt Chizyuka (Washington DC)

**                                                                          **
**    Robert Agunga                                                         **
**    Associate Professor                                                   **
**    Agricultural Communication Program                                    **
**    Department of Agricultural Education                                  **
**    The Ohio State University                                             **
**    2120 Fyffe Road                                                       **
**    Columbus, Ohio 43210, USA.                                            **
**    Telephone: (614) 292-0202                                             **
**    FAX: (614) 292-0202                                                   **