From: [log in to unmask]

Dear colleagues,

 My name is Haymee, I'm sysoping Angonet an email net in Angola, BTW the first
one :-), aimed to NGOs, academic institutions and the civiv society. Up to now
we have 50 users, all of them trained though only the half is using email on
the regular basis.

 On Internet connectivity for Africa I would say this is the moment to promote

full link at least from the majority of capital cities withing Africa, but
there is something important the primary movers to do it should be Africans,
I read on this in a document from Inet'95 African regions participant meeting
and agreed. It's true that the donor agencies are important catalyst but once
we want be conected we should pay for it, here bussiness people, NGOs
and government bodies who know the local enviroment should be more active.
Firstable because Internet connectivity must be planed on the cover cost
basis,
otherwisw don't work.

In this matter I'll appreciate any coments, experiencies managing nets as a
business. Angonet is part of the WB project to improve Internet link in
Angola,
the objective is get full link Internet, ok now, what about when the grant is
terminated, (the grant is one year duration) back to fido?, leased lines
prices
are pretty high (10,000 usd/mo), the majority of users don't afford to pay for
this particullary government organizations. I know there are more countries
participating in the WB project, how you're dealing with this challenge?

Regards,

Haymee

     Haymee Perez Cogle
     Angonet System Operator