This is to introduce myself, Patrick O'Beirne.

I have been joined to this list by Clement Dzidonu of Trinity College
Dublin. I am working with him and Professor Gordon Foster on the TRINET
project which aims to provide low-cost e-mail facilities to institutions in
developing countries through Low-Earth-Orbiting satellites such as those
used by VITA (Volunteers in Technical Assistance).  You can read more about
the TRINET project on our Web page:

http://www.iol.ie/~pobeirne/trinet.html

I am a computer consultant and software developer based in the South-East of
Ireland. My interests are Clipper, Software Quality, and quite a few other
things. You can read about them (and follow a link to my biography if you
want all the details) at:

http://www.iol.ie/~pobeirne/index.html

Specifically, my role here is to assist TRINET in setting up gateway and
other facilities, and in answering any technical questions I can about PC
applications from African users.

Best wishes to all participants in this study.

Patrick O'Beirne
Patrick O'Beirne B.Sc. M.A. MICS, Systems Consultant, Author, Lecturer
Trainer and Developer in Clipper       TickIT trained ISO 9000 Auditor
Compuserve: 100023,1304  WWWeb: http://www.iol.ie/~pobeirne/index.html