Fascinating post, Dawit.

>>>why is Africa structured
in such a way as to need aid ?<<<

Excellent question.

Now, where you say:

>>>Recent economic assessment of Africa's relationship
in the international transfer of wealth shows the
naked fact that more wealth is transferred to USA
and Europe than the other way around. Yet in the
structure of relations, Africa is a recepient of aid
from USA and Europe ? How can this be possible ? The
rich receiving aid from the poor ? <<<

This is a crucial analysis.

Where you say:

>>>The answer, I believe, lies in our colonial and post-
colonial experiences and the resulting distortions that
were imposed on Africa. We are not addressing these
distortions and thus are in the current state of things.

The first basic distortion is the colonization of our
indigenous political, social and economic forces denying
us our own developmental opportunities. This resulted in
the creations of nation-states in accordance to the wishes
and dictates of European colonizers with total disregard
to the ethnic, political and economic interests of the
indigenous African forces.

The second major distortion occurred at the end of the colonial era, popularly
known as the decolonization
process, wherby the opportunity of the African forces
to assert themselves was denied at the altar of the
superpower politics and the cold war. Decolonization
failed to liberate African forces and only reorganized
them to fit the superpower format.<<<

What easily-understood texts or other documents would you suggest I read to
become more familiar with these two distortions and their effects?

>>>That was why the drafters of the Ethiopian Constitution
proceeded to create ,anew,the necessary viable nation-state
out of the post-colonial state. Would this experience be
relevant for the rest of Africa ?<<<

Can you talk ore about this?

HA