Greetings all -

My name is Peter Mandaville; I'm a postgraduate student in
international relations at the University of Kent, Canterbury,
England.  I'm working on a project which surveys the international
relations of global IT networks - particularly with regard to the
developing world.

I was wondering if any of you could point me towards any resources
(preferably WWW, gopher, or FTP-based) which concern the spread of
Internet nodes to locations outside Europe and the USA; I'm also
looking for up-to-date statistics on just how many countries have
links to the Net and the uses to which these connections are put.

I'd be grateful if any of you have any suggestions.

Regards -
                Peter Mandaville
                Dept. of International Relations
                UKC