> With all this praise about Sharon Shannon, one must wonder how good she
> really is.  Hey, I would like to find out.  Are there any CD's in
> anyone's mind that they would recommend by Sharon Shannon?
>
> Edward D Lee
> Saugus, California, USA

I have just one--are there more than that in existence?  THis one is
eponymous, and it's on Philo, PH 1153.  Philo is a Rounder label.

The CD is great!  There's lots of variety, which is perhaps both good and
bad.  There seems to be a real trend towards eclecticism in the current
work of many Irish musicians--thinking here of Kevin Burke's "Open
House," especially.  Shannon includes what seems to be the now
semi-obligatory Breton set (not my cup of tea), as well as a
Cajun-flavored set.  All well-played, but if I want Cajun music I'll
listen to Marc Savoy.

But that's just being picky, and subjective.  Her playing is terrific!

Paul Wells