In a recent thread on mixtures of Celtic and 'other' influences, I
mentioned my (Cape Breton style) fiddle teacher, David Greenberg,
who is also a member of Tafelmusik, a Toronto baroque (original
instruments) ensemble.

David will be performing in Nova Scotia in July, and the program sounds
really interesting - Here are excerpts from the program notes

J.S. Bach Meets Dan R. McDonald
A melange of Baroque, Scottish and Cape Breton Sounds

Fiddle D-D-D
 David Greenberg - Baroque and modern violins
 Scott MacMillan - classical and steel-stringed guitars
 David Sandall   - harpsichord

 Introduction: Medley of Baroque dance movements and Cape Breton reels

 From _Partita no. 3 for Solo Violin in E maj. by J.S Bach
   Gavotte en Rondeau, Bouree
 Calum Fhionlaith [Malcolm Finlay] reel; Morrison's Ridge reel by
   Dan R. MacDonald
 Traditional Reel; Prince Charlie reel; Reel Made With Hilda by
   Hilda Chiasson and Jerry Holland

 Part 1: Art Music and Traditional Music in 18th Century Scotland

 Part 2: Performance Practices of Baroque and Cape Breton Music

All are in (I think...) Nova Scotia

  July 5 River Denys
  July 6 Truro
  July 7 Liverpool
  July 8 Halifax
  July 10 Annapolis Royal

Mail me personally if you want more info.

--
Wil Macaulay                   email:   [log in to unmask]
Manager, Software Engineering  uucp: ...!uunet.ca!syndesis!macaulay