On Tue, 21 Jun 1994, Lilian Thorpe wrote:

> Scott write about the importance of keeping music accessible to all
> level of participants (can't remember exactly how he put it).. I think
> participation is the key to survival of our music. The music grows with
> it, and young people get involved and stay involved. Playing with
> seasoned performers is a real high for the beginners, and their
> enthusiasm is a real high for those of us involved for many years.

Agreed!  This is my first post to this list, and I would not be here at
all if it had not been for an open invitation to sit in on sessions with
Seamaisin in South Bend, IN.  These people gave me a whistle, music,
tapes, and more recently a mic on stage.  A big thank you to John
Kennedy, Eileen McClain and the rest of the bunch.

Here's one young kid from middle America that will be making Irish music
a participation sport for a good many years!

|/ |) |  Ken Laberteaux                [log in to unmask]
|\ |  |_ 219 258 6414 (wk)             219 258 6446 (fax)
Tellabs Research Center                Mishawaka, Indiana