Many thanks to all of you who kindly responded to my inquiry about what
you would teach, given the chance, if you could spend six months teaching
about Irish music.  I look forward to writing each of you back
individually, which I will be able to do as soon as the current round of
classes is over with.  I would love to hear more suggestions from folks
(including about books and videos), and since the class doesn't begin
until January of next year, I have plenty of time.  In case people are
interested, I'd be happy to post a copy of the syllabus or I can send one
out to individuals, once it's been created (probably by October).

I would also like to thank those people who gave me such a nice, friendly
welcome to the network.  I've begun to look on the "net" as a terrific
supplement to the oral tradition which many of us have enjoyed so much in
Ireland and at sessions here in the States.  It's great to feel welcome
when you're one of the only folks at your institution (or company, or
whatever) who's interested in Irish traditional music.  Thanks again!
Sincerely, Sean Williams ([log in to unmask])