I got to see Sharon Shannon last (Thu) night in Seattle.  WOW!
All I'd heard from her before was her two cuts on "A Woman's
Heart" and a short appearance some months ago on one of the
morning news shows (Good Morning America, I think).

I could hardly believe that a person's fingers could fly as fast
as hers!  Also, it was evident (from my front row center seat)
that she has a real passion and joy for her music.  Much of the
time she was playing, she had her eyes closed, focusing intently
on the music.  There were also many times when she was beaming
joyful smiles to the other band members.  It's clear that she
likes what she does!

The odd (to me) thing about the show was how short it was.  The
show went:  15 min late, 35 min playing, 25 min break, 50 min
playing (including one encore), for a total playing time of 1
hour 25 min.  Compared to other shows I've seen that last over 2
and sometimes almost 3 hours, this show seemed pretty short.
Also, there was very raucous clapping, stomping, and shouting for
a second encore, but it was not to be.  For others who have seen
her elsewhere on this tour, was the length of the performance you
saw about the same as the one in Seattle?  Just curious.

In any case, even though the show was short, I am VERY happy to
have seen her.  Now I've got to race to get her CD and video!
--
Roger Fulton