> Date:    Sat, 11 Jun 1994 20:14:42 -0500
> From:    MCQUAID <[log in to unmask]>
> Subject: Single jigs.
>
> Someone just posted a lengthy, authoritative, but (I think)
> completely bogus explanation of single jigs, double jigs, etc.
> The only single jigs I've ever heard are written out in 12/8
> time, not 6/8 time.  I'm curious as to what books you've seen
> with single jigs in 6/8 time.
> -Mick McQuaid, [log in to unmask]

On single jigs written in 6/8---I think they're mostly written that way
in O'Neill's _Dance Music of Ireland_, though I don't have my copy here
at work to confirm this.  As Andrea Wolfe pointed out in another message,
O'Neill included no category of single jigs in _Music of Ireland_.
Anyone know why he used the new category when he brought out the _Dance
Music..._?

Paul Wells