Alright....SPRING FEVER is here, and it's makin' the Celtic elements of my
collective unconcious boil over with urges to run through my office bulding
demanding the skulls of my enemies and generally making a horrible nuisance of
myself. But anyway....

     Hey Mr. Cahill....what's the deal with planning a caber toss and not
tellin' us "whar yer gun hav it?!!"  I'm no tower of Gaelic manlihood, but if
the spirit of Bobby Burns moves me I could probably throw a caber or two - or at
least make the other contestants look the better for it.  Anyway - let me
know...it could be a good road-trip.  Folks near Minesota should know that my
alma mater...Macaester College in St. Paul...has a Scottish Fest (I think it's
in Fall though...but it might be in Spring...always on a cold weekend during the
rugby season) and, as well as having great competition between pipe bands and
purveyors of various and every imaginable Scottish article of dress - they also
have caber tossing, which is usualy accompanied by competition between regional
pipe and drum bands..it's really worth checking out!!

    Now..how about these Afghans...as I understand it...they used to play polo
with the heads of their enemies...but of late have stuck to the more tame
horsemanship game involving the goat's carcass.  A great description of this
game can be read in Rudyard Kipling's "The Man Who Would Be King" - truly a
great story about two men "travelling from the west to the east" who have a
great adventure when they discover they have something in common with an Afghan
tribe they encounter. It's a great story by old Rudyard and is best enjoyed with
Mozart's "Die Zauberflute."

Thanks to Lawrence and Stephen for their enlightening coments on Gaelic
football..gentlemen and scholars both they deserve the esteem due them of
everyone on the list.  (3 cheers each guys.)

Sla/n,

Tom

School Psychology Program  *  "Oh yeah....oh yeah..........             *
University of Minnesota    *     ...Everything...everything.....        *
350 Elliott Hall           *     everything's gonna be alright          *
75 East River Rd.          *     this mornin' !                         *
Mineapolis, MN  55455      *                     - Muddy Waters         *