On Wed, 16 Feb 1994, MacKenzie Stewart wrote:

> Just a bit of trivia:
> Bagpipes originated in Galicia, Spain and the Celtic culture adpoted them.
>
> However, I'm not sure where and when bagpipes were developed, and when
> Celts came into contact with them or the Spanish ?
>
> Mac Stewart
> Univ. of Connecticut

Mac:

It seems to me (open for correction, I might add) that both the Spanish
and the Celts were subject to wanderlust:  wasn't it somewhat common for
a youth to take off on a great journey and return with his newfound
knowledge and experiences?  Just like many traditions, it must have
started with a single chance meeting, two people sharing a campfire and
companionship.  At least, this is my spur-of-the-moment theory!

Laura