Seamus Keleher <[log in to unmask]> says:

>I have a bodhran at work here (just in case), so I looked at how I
>hold it..  bodhran on left knee, braced between by ribs and upper arm,
>there is a lot of room between skin and single cross-stick and I  do
>not brace my hand between it and the skin during playing.. just to hold
>it in place on leg when not playing..  when I am playing the cross-stick
>is not (:) but more like (/) with my hand in the upper left area of that
>little picture, therefore the cross-stick really isn't in the way..

So now we are all wondering, "Just in case _what_?"

Just in case he needs a spare briefcase?  Just in case all the other
members of this group pour into his workplace and begin a session?
Just in case anyone asks about the bracing?

I know:  just in case he runs out of topics of conversation.  He can
always ask "Do you know what this is?"

Regards, Seamus and group.

Lou Hillman, sometime player of mandolin, and always member of CCE.