The video, AN IRISH EVENING, has some good footage of Kevin C. of the
Chieftains playing rather clearly.  Would you say his playing on their BOIL
THE BREAKFAST EARLY wasn't worthy of emulation?

True, "Ringo" of DE DANNAN has a finer touch, and ALTAN has used some
fabulous bodhran players, but Conneff is visible, and if I can get that
videotape in Austin, Texas, anybody can.

Prescription is any advice that begins "You do ___," rather than a
descriptive "I do ___."  When I started, the drunk teaching me advised in a
prescriptive manner that precluded any possibility of me playing with the
drum!  I didn't think the questioner should allow anyone to derail his coming
adventure with prescriptions.

Technically, one would use a bonfire to dry the skin if really being
authentic, but around here hairdryers suffice.  Ah, modern conveniences.

Yes, more later.  I've my five month old Grace-Katharine on my lap and she's
getting fussy.

The Welsh tipper,
Rick Myers