>I would love to hear from other folk working on ancient Celtic
>Religion.  The best route I have found to this is through the conflation
>of Celtic and Roman iconography.  My favorite authors are Bruneaux,
>Green, Cunliffe, etc.

This I would think is of interest to most of us.  As you probably know,
constant construction throughout Britain uncovers many new sites yearly,
and the ones that rescue archaeology gets to before the plunderers do
tend to take a *long* time to get to print, if ever.  Kind of discouraging.

There's a weekly program on BBC 4 TV, that I just accidently stumbled on last
week (I don't watch tele) about archaeology, that seems to have a decent
smattering of facts (with some good computer graphics too :-) ).

Last week's program had a segment on Flag Fen, which has just recently
been reinterpreted as a religious sanctuary, occupied for some 1200 years.
The timbers comprising the structures were used for over 400 years.  This
site seems to be thematically linked to Lairg (in Alba) and Navan (in
Ulster) which were also sites of water-based cults.

They think that there was a period of really nasty wet weather, and these
sites were constructed to placate various water deities, and form a
communication link to them.

-- mn