   I remember reading a little Scottish history about the Picts and
the Scots. From what I read there was a debate over whetherthe Picts
were Celtic or not?

   I think the Picts inheritance was through your Mother while
the Scots was through your Father (I don't know the technical term).
The two peoples integrated with one marriage which joined both lines
and this marriage was performed on some stone which was brought from
somewhere in the North of Ireland (i.e. where the Scots came from).
I think this stone is now used by the English Monarchy.

  Does anybody have more information about any of this?