>>There's a weekly program on BBC 4 TV, that I just accidently stumbled on last
>>week (I don't watch tele) about archaeology,
>>
>>Last week's program had a segment on Flag Fen, which has just recently
>>been reinterpreted as a religious sanctuary, occupied for some 1200 years.
>>The timbers comprising the structures were used for over 400 years.  This
>>site seems to be thematically linked to Lairg (in Alba) and Navan (in
>>Ulster) which were also sites of water-based cults.
>>-- mn
>This sounds fascinating, wet weather and all,  do you happen to remember which
>organization/University was doing the work at any or all of these places?

  Well, I must first add that the week following that, which was Oct 15,
was
so heavily anti-Celtic biased I almost blew up the tele.  The program is
written by English people, most obviously, and is produced by an English
woman archaeologist -- I don't remember from where.
  The work at Flag Fen was by the English Heritage.  The anonymous
inhabitants
of the site were never, of course, named or depicted.
  The person interviewed about Navan was, as I recall, an English professor
from the dept of archaeo at Uni Belfast.

  How can good archaeology be done when the money goes toward Roman and
English sites, and what little money goes to Celtic sites is usually done
by these highly biased Saxons?

  Infuriated again,
  mn