Dear Friends of DRI

A new vacancy and some other exciting updates in DRI!

News

We’re hiring! Applications are sought for the role of Oral Historian in the Atlantic Philanthropies Archives project. Closing date for applications 12 Noon 19th March 2019. More: https://www.dri.ie/dri-launches-atlantic-philanthropies-archives-project

The digital archive of the Together for Yes campaign will be preserved in the Digital Repository of Ireland following the organisation joining as Members. As part of its post-referendum work, Together for Yes organised a preservation and archiving initiative, of which membership of a trusted digital repository plays a key part: https://www.dri.ie/together-yes-archive-be-preserved-dri

The Early Bird Registration for iPRES 2019 is now open. This year the 16th International Conference on Digital Preservation will visit Amsterdam in The Netherlands (September 16 - 20), hosted by the Dutch Digital Heritage Network: https://ipres2019.org/registration/

More details on our partnership with the Digital Curation Centre in the 15th edition of the International Digital Curation Conference (IDCC).  The conference will be hosted at Croke Park, home of Ireland's Gaelic games, from 17-20 February 2020: https://www.dri.ie/15th-international-digital-curation-conference-17-20-february-2020-dublin

DRI Director Natalie Harrower, a member of the European Commission's Expert Group on FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable and Re-usable) data, delivered a lunchtime briefing on the recently published 'Turning FAIR into Reality' report on Tuesday 26 February. Slides from this briefing are available at https://www.dri.ie/turning-fair-reality-briefing-overview

Webinar recording and presentation: RDA Europe Adoption Grants: https://www.dri.ie/webinar-recording-and-presentation-rda-europe-adoption-grants

Kind regards,

Clare Lanigan | Education & Outreach Manager, Digital Repository of Ireland

Royal Irish Academy | 19 Dawson St. Dublin 2

+353 16090635 | [log in to unmask] | @dri_ireland | www.dri.ie

If you would like to keep up to date with DRI’s news, events and repository development, send an email to [log in to unmask], with the following in the message body:

SUBSCRIBE DRI-FRIENDS your first name your last name.

To unsubscribe, send an email with an empty subject line and the following in the message body: UNSUBSCRIBE DRI-FRIENDS

The Academy is subject to the FOI Act 2014, the Data Protection Acts 1988-2003 and 2018, GDPR (EU 2016/679) and S.I. No. 336/2011, EC Privacy & Electronic Communications Regulations. For further information see our website www.ria.ie/privacy-and-data-protection