The Scottish Association for Marine Science (SAMS) is registered in Scotland as a Company Limited by Guarantee (SC009292) and is a registered charity (9206). SAMS has two actively trading wholly owned subsidiary companies: SAMS Research Services Ltd (SC224404)
and SAMS Ltd (SC306912). All Companies in the group are registered in Scotland and share a registered office at Scottish Marine Institute, Oban Argyll PA37 1QA. The content of this message may contain personal views which are not the views of SAMS unless specifically
stated. Please note that all email traffic is monitored for purposes of security and spam filtering. As such individual emails may be examined in more detail.
The GCRF GlobalSeaweedSTAR programme is now open for applications to the GlobalSeaweedSTAR Research & Innovation Fund. Deadline for applications 31 August 2018.
Overview of funding opportunity
The GS-STAR Research and Innovation Grants will provide funding from £5k up to a maximum of £50k to applicants from the UK and DAC-list countries. These grants will be awarded quarterly between July 2018 – July
2021 (subject to availability of funds) and will provide funding for successful proposals that;
- Directly relate to the objectives of the GlobalSeaweedSTAR programme which can be found at (globalseaweed.org)
- Promote challenge-led disciplinary and interdisciplinary research.
- Strengthen capacity for research, innovation and knowledge exchange between the UK and developing countries through partnerships.
- Provide an agile response to emergencies where there is an urgent research need.
- Any other capacity-building activities that would be broadly aimed at increasing the sustainability of seaweed cultivation in DAC-listed countries, especially along the priority areas identified
in the UNU-INWEH/ SAMS Policy Brief (https://www.sams.ac.uk/t4-media/sams/pdf/globalseaweed-policy-brief.pdf)
For full details and information on how to apply please visit (https://www.globalseaweed.org/?page_id=1562 )
Fund Manager - GlobalSeaweedSTAR
[log in to unmask]" alt="cid:[log in to unmask]">
Scottish Marine Institute
Oban, Argyll PA37 1QA, UK
Tel: 01631 559487 (direct dial) 01631 559000 (switchboard)
[log in to unmask]
Please Be Green – do you really need to print it.
Algae-L is a listerver list for the phycological community; you are receiving this message because you subscribed to the list.
You can get further information and unsubscribe at http://www.seaweed.ie/algae-l/
When posting to the list please add your name, status and an institutional or brief postal address. The list will not accept attachments greater than 2 Mb in size.