For any information professionals who are considering CPD options for the coming year, we are pleased to announce that our advanced module IS40480 Information Professional as Teacher, taught by Claire McGuinness, has recently been approved by the LAI as an accredited CPD course. The module will run in the School of Information & Communication Studies, UCD, from 10-12 pm every Friday from January 26th to April 27th 2018 (except March 16th, 23rd & 30th). The cost of taking this module is €400 (€200 unwaged). Certificates will be issued by the LAI for course attendance.

This is a practice-oriented module, that aims to introduce students to the theoretical foundations of teaching and learning, and to explore the practical teaching strategies and approaches that are available to Information Professionals in the 21st Century. You will learn about the planning, design, creation, delivery, assessment and promotion of instructional programmes in multiple media and formats, with the aim of preparing you to confidently facilitate effective learning opportunities in public, academic, special and commercial information services.

For further information, and instructions about how to apply to take this module, please contact [log in to unmask] For additional module details, feel free to email [log in to unmask]