The answer above will already work great, but just for the hell of it, I have another option for non melodic random frequencies...

Chose your starting values in hertz
Log2() the range values
Choose a random value between the log2() range values using the usual random number opcode
And exp2() the result.

This will give you a random value within your chosen range with an exponential2 distribution as you desire.

Pete