From: Bernard Morgan <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, September 13, 2016 7:08 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OLD-IRISH-L] OIr. Trian

In 1897 the Coligny calendar was found. The 17th day of month of Samon has the following enteries:

Year 1 - TRINOSAM SINDIV
Year 2 - TRINVXSAMO
Year 3 - missing
Year 4 - PRINI SAM SINDIV
Year 5 - PRINO SAMONI

If I accept that PRINI and PRINO are scribal errors for TRINI and TRINO. Then Romano-Gaulish TRINVX (TRINUS)/TRINO/TRINI has a strong resemblance to the Latin TRINUS/TRINO/TRINI the cognate of Old Irish Trian (plural form: Traene).

Then Romano-Gaulish TRINVXSAMO is a cognate of the Old Irish Traene Samna ?