Being I haven't heard differently Trinus Sam (etc.) is the cognate of Trenae Samhna, three of Summer.

Trinus Sam is the 17th of Samonios, though not exact, it equates to about the 17th of May.
Trenae Samhna as associated with the feast of All Martyrs would have originally been the 14th of May (start of Summer for Ovid)
The Brythonic Celts per Dr Hutton only celebrated the start of summer, i.e. May

So Samain (Summer) originally marked the beginning of summer.