I will just add my comments sent around the workplace here with this link
within the context of a soon to be released IP Policy which opens up
government agency information (where appropriate) by default.

The following story (NYT) on IPad apps for UK prime minister suggests a new
trend where public sector will be mined for information to be delivered by
private sector commerce to the decision makers within a competitive market
place -- i.e., those companies which can find and deliver relevant material
and services will be purchased and employed etc.

Basically, if a quality information flow can be achieved which is greater
than the public sector bureaucracy then, in theory, the decision makers who
are elected representatives of the people can get in front of the public
sector systems designed to control them.

Russell