Hi Everyone,

I think you mean "combination characters" when you are talking about
"superscript characters" (a with macron on top is a "combination
character" in the unicode standard.)  Adding things to Unicode (6.1
just came out last week) is a very arduous process.  I would recommend
against it.

My preferred solution to this is to put - and ~ in superscript
position if at all possible.  In Latex you can do this with
"co\textsuperscript{\~}" and "ra\textsuperscript{-}", which is what I
have done in the past.

I hope this helps.

Chris