I thought that Beggery just meant "Little Ireland".  I've just checked in Hogan's Onomasicon, and, yes, he has it under Becc Eriu with references to many variants.

Martin Counihan

From: Old-Irish-L [[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Catherine Swift [[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 14 January 2012 14:45
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [OLD-IRISH-L] Nessan and Ailbe - help!

I hadn't heard that idea about the viginity before - very interesting. Tirechan has multiple names for single individuals but I had always taken it to be something they did upon being ordained - like monks and sisters taking new names today. No idea about Beg Gearagh/Beggery unfortunately - but there's a guy called Conor Crowley in the Placename Office who's a very proud Wexford man - he did a Ph.D with Kim on early syncope (and when things didn't get syncopated and why) - and he has been doing some research on Wexford placenames since though I don't know about this. Maybe he'd have ideas?
Cathy