FWIW, although Dinneen gives "luascán" as the Irish for "frog" in our
own time, I've never known it called anything but "frog" in our living
speech, and the first meaning I'd take from "luascán" is a child's
swing. He gives "loscann" as the Irish for "toad". However,s.v.
"loscann" he has this: "a tadpole or frog; l. nimhe, a toad; al.
loisceann" (so, we many need some hundreds more years to refine that
terminology).
mg

Scríobh 23/01/2012 06:00, Liz Gabay:

--