Scríobh 20/01/2012 15:09, Huntsman, Jeffrey F.:
> A treatment of the name is at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Naming_of_America#Etymology_and_naming...

Too many errors found there with regard to what I do know cause me not
believe statements there with regard to what I do not, especially when
articles, such as the above degenerate into statements such as
"Acceptance may have been aided by the "natural poetic counterpart" that
the name America made with Asia, Africa, and Europa", on reading which,
I close the window and look elsewhere. :-(

Just put the question down to our hearing one Bostonian too many not
pronounce the "r" in "harm" and leave it at that. :-)
mg

--
Marion Gunn * eGteo (Estab.1991)
27 Páirc an Fhéithlinn, Baile an