I do not believe the cult of youth as teenagers had yet been invented
during the times his story was remembered. The fairy wings seem to place
this image during the late 19th century or early 20th. If anyone would be
eternally a youth it would be the shade of Cuchulainn.

I have seen similar images portrayed for St. Michael from that time period.

Searles