Well, Russell,

I suppose Vladimir has a point here, though his language is fairly colourful!

We do tend to raise topics of personal interest, assuming that the forum itself is constituted by like-minded people, and that they will be interested in what we are interested in. I'm as guilty as anyone.

Maybe the unwritten rule is that when we do so, we attempt to render our observation in discourse relevant to the forum itself.  So, for instance (this is a personal reflection, not on the one hand a criticism of  others; or on the other, a proposal for a specific action): I would be fascinated to see how this 'discovery' might fit into Erich Jantsch's thesis as to the self-organizing universe (incorporating as he does, findings from systems thinking, non-equilibrium thermodynamics, complexiity sciences and chaos theory, second order cybernetics etc.).

On the other hand, on recently glancing and browsing a couple of other fora, I think the self-imposed discipline of 'keeping to he point' can often be carried too far, and take us an unnecessary distance from a Paskian conversational domain, and too far toward some sort of impersonal lists of statements, without even personal linkages.

Just some thoughts..........

Roger