Neil McLeod wrote:

>I assume that 'inn-accatar' is the 3rd person plural preterite of a
>compound verb 'ind-aicci', made up of to the preverb 'in' with 'ad-cí'
>(sees). Are there other examples of this verb?

  Hi Neil,
    I did a search through the CELT transcriptions, looking for forms of this
proposed verb.  I used 'inn' and 'ind' with and without a hyphen, connected to
several conjunct forms of 'ad-cí' which I got from Strachan.  Our text was the
only hit that I got.
   However, when I tried the same thing in DIL, I got this in the entry for the
conjunction 'a' --

"a  conjunction, nasalizing and followed by nasalizing rel. clause when, while.
Orig. neut. sg. of article, see  Thurn. Gramm. § 890 . ............................
Later occasionally i n-: inrabadar,  TBC² 482  (= innaptar, LU). inbasiu,  ZCP ii
315.9 . innaccatar,  ZCP viii 312.18 "

    I believe that  ZCP viii 312.18 refers to our text, because we found  a
reference to a previous line (" immusrala muir aimsera co tāncatar Éirind,  ZCP
viii 312.14")  in DIL.

      Maybe it translates "when they saw"??
   I'll post the entire sentence as installment 8 and we'll find out if that makes
sense.          Liz