>Thanks for the analysis, Neil.  The article scared the
>bejeezus out of
>me from page 4 on!

--- Yes, interesting. I don't have any cryptology skills, but the whole thing reminded me of how we sometimes take a passed-on culture's remains and thrust over them ever-enhanced histories or complexities, or make up the complex data in an extreme version of "pattern recognition" (Barry Fell-isms), something that Celtic cultures and Celtic-neighbors (in time and space) seem to attract uncommonly often.  (I still have that old Brendan O'Hehir manuscript on the Barry Fell-isms that I got to his son and at least one colleague after his death, but never did learn if they ever tried to publish it). -- Wade