From: <[log in to unmask]>
Date: Fri, Mar 12, 2010 at 9:14 PM
Subject: Foresight & crowd sourcing - an opportunity
To: [log in to unmask]

Cognitive Edge

Hi Russell

We (Cognitive Edge) would be really grateful if you would be prepared to share your thoughts, fears and hopes about the current state of the world post the financial crisis. What are the implications for public service? How will our institutions adapt? What will be important for the public service in the future? What is going to happen to public service anyway?

We want your micro-narratives, your mini-scenarios as part of a crowd sourcing project. Anyone who participates can have access to the data, results will be published here. Basically you click here and contribute your ideas, then you signify their meaning. The signifier (or index) set was produced in conjunction with experts in strategic foresight. We want to demonstrate the power of networks, the ability of the voice of the person on the metaphorical Clapham Omnibus, Jo Public (or whatever yiyr cultural phrase is) to stand up there with the views of experts. One is not better than the other, we need both!

Also we want them fast - as many as you can over the next couple of days. The first report will come out on Sunday, then more over next week. Please participate please pass this on in your blog, Twitter, Facebook, emails lists or good old word of mouth.

Thank you!

From the Cognitive Edge Team
www.cognitive-edge.com