Scríobh Helen McKay:
> AHUHUH! yep - two minutes apart - thanks muchly.  But, just as well I finally got around to mentioning this, as the surprise of that post was the content - what on earth were you talking about?! and when did Searles send that first post!? so I went to the home page, looked up the archives, and discovered that I had *completely* dropped off the edge of OLD-IRISH and hadnt received a single post, not one, since about the 4-5 Feburary - and here's me thinking the list was just having a snowed in break!  So thanks muchly Marion... any idea what you did to fix it please? I'm deathly curious ...
>
> E.

All I did was to re-set your [log in to unmask] account to
MAIL, Eilidh, which your local IT people could easily have done for you,
so you could receive mail from Charles and me. Please, all, take this as
a timely reminder to always check with your local IT experts, before
assuming something went wrong elsewhere. Remember, all our HEA services
are run by volunteers - we do not just swan around as prima donnas on
any of our lists we do all the technical and admin gruntwork as well!

This is especially relevant to people living in the US, or using "free"
US-run e-mail services, of which there are milllllions. whereas we are
just a handful of people, of varying degrees of cultural expertise,
trying to keep services going for our own minority communities, as well
as for academic communities at home and abroad - so, the msg is, if
something goes wrong, first make your local IT people earn their
well-paid keep by explaining matters to you and helping you, so as to
reduce the pressure on the unpaid volunteers in many countries, who
provide the services you appreciate (and who appreciate your company
online, as always).

Le dea-mhéin,
mg