Yes, it was shown on Irish television last night. Resembled the Tara
brooch in shape. The couple who found it in their range were also
interviewed. Luckily, all they were using for fuel was turf, which gives
great heat around the room without reaching the same high burning
temperature as coal (I use both). Had they used both, the brooch would
have suffered much more damage than it did. It looks to be almost
undamaged. Makes one wonder what other treasures our bogs conceal.
mg

Scríobh Dennis King: